Sunday, March 15, 2015

A Tribute In the Making



Hi there, and welcome to 127 Things!  This blog is something I have been planning for well over a year and I am so, so excited to finally have it up and running!  The driving force behind this blog is a journal that my sweet mama wrote for me before she passed away in 2006, titled "Things I Want My Daughter To Know".  

My most cherished possession

For years, I wasn't ready to share it with anyone- it was my own  special connection to my mom.  I gradually showed it to just a few people that were dear to me, and each time I shared it I felt more and more pride in the way it changed their lives.  This journal is so full of sentiments, prayers, quotes, and more that impact my life every.single.day as a wife, busy mom of 3, a teacher, daughter, daughter-in-law, and friend.  With each blog post, I plan to share something from the journal and how it impacts me, as well as how it could impact you.  My mom left this earth waaaay too soon, but left me with a guidebook for life.  At the time of her sickness and passing, I was just a newlywed and new teacher with no babies.  Somehow, she knew just what to write that would eventually get me through everything that was to come. Ultimately, this journal reminds me to try my hardest to be the best wife and mama possible, relying heavily on faith, family, and friends.  

My beautiful mom!


So grateful that my sweet mama was in remission
at the time of my wedding!

The timing of this blog being completed is perfect in the sense that I am writing it to honor my mom...she has been gone for 9 years tomorrow.  I can think of no better way to remember her faith, resilience, and love for God than to start this blog.  I hope that someday, it can be an online scrapbook for my own children full of memories of our crazy, loving and chaotic family, and with lessons from their "Grammy" that they never had the chance to meet. My mom was many things...an amazing wife, mother, nurse, teacher,  friend, cook, and much more.  She was also an extremely spiritual and positive person, something that I am striving towards every day.  I am so grateful to finally have a place to put my memories and moments into words to share with so many.  I hope that through this blog, you are inspired by my mom's words to live a more purposeful life.

For those of you that are linking up and don't "know" me, thank you for reading!  I am Andrea, wife to Jeremy, and mommy to Brady, Luke and Claire.
I know I'm biased, but aren't they precious!????


Love, love, love my little family

I am also a first grade teacher (which is crazy-town at times!).  We are always busy, our house is always loud and somewhat messy, and we wouldn't have it any other way.  I think of my mom every day of my life and try to instill the faith and values she taught me in my own children.  Do I still get sad that she is not here?  Of course.  But I know that I had a better mom in the 25 years that I had mine than some people have in their whole lives.  A picture I have hanging in our home sums it up- It is not the years in your life that matter, it is the life in your years.  I know that God needed my mom in Heaven, and that ultimately we will be together again.  I am absolutely certain that she is up there right next to Him helping to call the shots in my life.  I am beyond blessed and love my little family more than words can possibly say. 

This blog is not at all going to be a sad, doom and gloom type of thing- my mom constantly said to me to "live your life", and that's exactly what I plan to do while documenting some of it on here!  I hope to share lots of recipes, family fun and meaningful tidbits in the days to come!  Thank you so, so much to Andrea McAnally from the Momfessionals Blog and Slightly Askew Designs for creating this beautiful blog and inspiring me so much. 

Thanks so much for reading!  Check back on Tuesday when I will be sharing the first of 127 things she wrote in my book.  Have a fantastic day!

15 comments:

  1. Congrats, girly! I know it's been a "process" to get going - but what perfect timing to start! I can't wait to read along and see how your mom's amazing gift to you lives on and impacts others through you sharing it. HUGS!!! :) Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to join you! Thanks for sharing with us. Congrats on your blog! FINALLY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy it's up and running! I cannot wait to follow along with you!!! Xoxo beautiful lady!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl. Great job. I am smiling thru tears for you. I know how important this is for you. You are a wonderful mother and I'm happy to call you my friend. Luv ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhhh!! I'm SO proud of you, Andrea!! I cried tears of joy while reading this first post. You're such an inspiration and I'm so glad you have chose to share your Mom's amazing words of wisdom; I'm so excited to follow along. What a wonderful tribute to your sweet Mom and reason to blog! I'm smiling from ear to ear. Xo to you my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously such a beautiful, heart-warming post!! I am bursting with joy & so much happiness for you!! This is such a wonderful gift to be able to share with so many. I know you will encourage & change more lives for the better than you can imagine :) God is doing great things through you, & your mom would be so SO proud! I of courseee am so excited for all the posts to come!!! I know our mamas were so much alike, & you have already made so many of my days easier & brighter by sharing your (& hers!) words of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so proud of you and I KNOW your mom is too... She was a wonderful mother and enjoyed every minute with the time she spent with you....she was a great friend to me and I learned so much from her too! Bravo!! I can't wait wait to follow this blog πŸ’›

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all so, so much for your support of this- it means the world to me. What is normally a sad day for me was so full of joy as people I don't even know messaged me to tell me stories about my mom after they found me through this blog. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful first post! I am so happy and excited for you to start your blogging adventure! So excited to follow along!πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet! I'm excited to follow along!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful Andrea!!! Your mom seemed like an amazing person. I can't wait to follow along!!! Thanks for sharing this with us! Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soo much for reading- you are very inspiring and it means so much to have you follow along! xoxo

      Delete
  12. I love this, Andrea! Even though I feel like I already "know" you, these last two posts make me feel even closer to you and your life. I'm so glad you are sharing this!! Jeremy seems like such a sweetie and amazing husband and Daddy!! Your Momma must be so proud because you sure did find a keeper. Can't wait to read more! Xo!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just happened on your blog by a comment you made on another blog. What a wonderful tribute to your mom this blog is! As I sit here with tears streaming down my face I thank you for sharing your mom with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jeanne you made my night! Thank you so very much for taking the time to read and comment! xoxoxo

      Delete